Establish a resilient downtown community in Taylor, diverse in experiences for local residents and visitors that includes retail, dining, parks and cultural history.
To strengthen and continue business/historical preservation and culture in downtown Taylor by using the comprehensive approach of design, economic restructuring, organization and promotion.
In the Heart of The Blackland Prairie
The Main Street Program is a downtown revitalization within the context of historical preservation. We envision a culturally diverse and economically viable downtown which attracts both Taylor citizens and visitors to its unique mix of historic buildings, shops, restaurants, services and old town atmosphere. In order to achieve this vision, the Main Street Program provides the following:
- Texas Downtown Association: Certified Scenic City
- 1999 Best New Construction - Louie Mueller
- 2000 Best Rehabilitation - Investment Centers
- 2001 Best Adaptive Reuse - Hair Trendz of America
- 2002 Best New Construction - 4th Street Station
- 2009 Nationally Accredited Main Street Program
- 2010 Nationally Accredited Main Street Program
- 2011 Nationally Accredited Main Street Program
- 2012 Nationally Accredited Main Street Program
- 2013 Nationally Accredited Main Street Program
- 2014 Nationally Accredited Main Street Program
- 2015 Nationally Accredited Main Street Program
- 2016 Nationally Accredited Main Street Program
- 2019 Nationally Accredited Main Street Program
- Winner: 2017 Texas Downtown Association | Best Commercial Interior, cities under 50,000 population for both Curb Side Coffee House. Finalist: Main Street Farm 2 Market
As a Main Street America™ Accredited program, Taylor Main Street is a recognized leading program among the national network of more than 1,200 neighborhoods and communities who share both a commitment to creating high-quality places and to building stronger communities through preservation-based economic development. All Main Street America™ Accredited programs meet a set of National Accreditation Standards of Performance as outlined by the National Main Street Center.